How to Keep Rats Away from Your Office
A rat invasion can be very stressful. Unfortunately, it isn’t uncommon for rats to seek refuge in an office space. This is because offices provide the ideal shelter for rats, from sheltering them from the chilly weather to the vast amount of leftovers providing rats an all-you-can-eat buffet.
It is important to know how to prevent rats from entering your office, as they can cause a lot of damage in addition to carrying many nasty diseases.
How to Prevent a Rat Invasion
There are a few simple tips that can drastically reduce the chances of a rat infestation in your office space.
- When storing food, keep it in glass or metal containers with tight-fitting lids.
- Don’t leave any leftovers lying around. Instead, make sure they’re placed in a concealed bin at the end of the day. Rats are amazing scavengers and leftovers are like a free buffet.
- Always have the office cleaned at the end of the day as opposed to in the morning. Rats love to come out at night when there are fewer people around, so if they see a potential for food or shelter, they’ll attempt to make an entrance.
- Keep the office space tidy. The less clutter there is, the less the chance of rats finding a place to hide.
- Don’t eat at your desk. Although it’s very tempting and a great way to save time, the crumbs that are left behind are heaven for a hungry rat. Plus, you’ll feel much healthier for taking a proper break.
- Use baiting techniques if there are any suspicions of rats in your office.
- Call in the professionals to apply additional prevention tactics.
If you have a rat problem in your office or simply need to make sure your office is as rat proof as possible, you need to call in the professionals. Slime & Grime offer rat prevention and deep cleaning to help ensure you’ll never have a rat problem in your office again.